SHERI KENNEDY, Chief Creativity Alchemist
I think of myself as a chameleon with big ears and markers! I can seamlessly integrate into any workplace, listen for the big ideas that emerge during your most important meetings, and translate them into large, engaging charts using words and pictures.
SKILLS AND TOOLS
Like all chameleons, all I need is a brief immersion into any culture or subject to be inspired by its hue, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Graphic Facilitation (leading groups using a visual roadmap)
- Graphic Recording (capturing a group conversation on big paper using words and pictures)
- Graphic Design (facilitation templates, conversion of drawn images to "clean" graphics, logos, …)
- Visual Consulting (advice, referrals, visual strategizing)
- Team Building
- Creative Problem Solving
- Visual Art
- Cross-cultural experiences
- Experiential Education
- Diversity Awareness
- Fine Art as a foundation for connection
- Transitions for Creatives
I am a professionally trained artist, graphic designer and educator turned Creativity Consultant. I created Fusionary Thinking™ with the mission to help employees reawaken their innate creativity, build resiliency and increase brain function. Did you know, for example, that simply marching in place with your arms and legs crossing your body's midline can activate left-right hemisphere activity in your brain (Eden, 2008, p. 56)?
I love to see "Ah-ha!" moments when people's faces light up with inspiration. I believe that a combination of hard work and sincere focus, punctuated by multi-sensory engagement are critical to creativity, and that creativity is humanity's greatest asset. My work is fed by research-based best practices from the visual art, mind-body and creative problem-solving fields. I also draw inspiration from my own personal journey of healing and transformation through art.
I have worked with a variety of start-up, for- and non-profit organizations as a graphic designer, project coordinator, developer of clinical and commercial labeling and consultant. My experience spans a broad range of industries, including biotech, management consulting, training, adult education and health services. I have taught fine art classes at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education, the Cancer Center at Lowell General Hospital, and Turtle Studios, among other locations. I served for over two years in Niger, West Africa as a community development volunteer in the Peace Corps.
- B.F.A., University of Connecticut, Graphic Design
- Ed.M., Harvard Graduate School of Education, Arts in Education
- Massachusetts’ Entrepreneurial Training Program
- Candidate: Graduate Certificate in Arts and Health, Lesley University
Eden, D. (2008). Energy Medicine for Women: Aligning your body's energies to boost your health and vitality. New York: Tarcher/Penguin.